Be a Stellar Traveler post Jesse Tam. Travel should be stress free whether you are a veteran traveler or newbie. The Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma metropolitan region and airport have seen an increased traffic and tourism the past several years. Business, summer and cruise travelers created longer lines at TSA and the check in counters. If you are a frequent flyer, get TSA pre-check to help shorten the wait time in line.
Consider the following tips and make it through airport security faster and easier the next time you fly.
- Give yourself plenty of time to arrive at the airport early.
- As soon as you enter the security line, have your boarding pass and ID ready.
- Put valuables like jewelry and keys in the pockets of your jacket before you put your jacket through the X-ray.
- Wear simple to remove shoes or slip-on loafers.
- All liquids and gels must be 3 oz or smaller and fit into a 1 quart bag.
- Some airlines offer an expedited security line for First-Class or upgraded passengers.
- If you are a U.S. citizen traveling abroad, you may want to consider the new Global Entry Program to eliminate the extra step at customs.
Take time to explore new ventures and see the world. Plan ahead, set a goal for your destination, pack light, experience the culture and be flexible. Jesse Tam, discover the global – happy travels.